Hotel Tiroler - Silesian House

Address: Náměstí Hrdinů 2, Krnov
GPS position: 50°5′21.545″N, 17°41′56.915″E

It became important inn in the history of the town of Krnov. The hotel was named The White Horse Inn, and was built to make the town more attractive.

 

Johann Flemmich, the later owner of the inn, let built a dance hall, a bowling alley and a garden terrace for summer time. At the entrance to the inn there was hanging an old inn sign with a white horse and an unusual picture of a young man dancing in Tyrolean traditional costume welcoming guests. That is why the inn was given the nickname Cheerful Tyrolean.

 

The hotel used to be a well-known place of important social events. In 1889 Emil Holub, a Czech explorer, lectured about its research trip to South Africa. In 1890 there was shown an original Edison phonograph to public.

 

A later owner of the hotel has set up a theater with a stage. To the reconstruction from 1928 to 1930 contributed Leopold Bauer, a significant architect and native of Krnov.
The hotel is currently used for commercial purposes mainly.

CMS, content management system, creating web pages, webdesing, e-shop