While walking and sightseeing in Krnov, a beautiful Silesian town, you can use a small, handy and smart box – an audioguide. The appliance is intended for those who want to discover historical monuments alone, without a tour guide. In a tourist information ...
Krnov - Cvilín
The Pilgrimage Church of the Elevation of the Holy Rood and Our Lady, situated on Cvilín Hill southeast of the town, was built by Andreas a George Gans from 1722 to 1728, near a place where an old wooden chapel used to stand. The flood-light church is signifiant dominant of Krnov and is..
Hlubčická 20, Krnov
The reconstruction work on the Flemmich Villa, the architectural jewel of Krnov in the district of Bruntál, has finally been completed, and, for the first time in its history, it is now open to visitors. The residence is situated in a beautiful garden and is now used as a cultural centre, hosting..
The present Since 203 the synagogue is run by a civil corporation Krnov synagoue as an exhibitional, concert and conference hall. Reconstruction of two towers ended in 2005. Documents relating to the construction of the synagogue were found in the towers. In 2014, a..
adult CZK 50, children over 6 years, students, pensioners CZK 20, children under 6 years free of charge
In the place of the original Slavic fortified settlement, a fort was established by the impulse of Bruno of Schaumbrug, a Bishop of Olomouc. From bishop, the fort was then in 1255 fiefed Herbort of Fulme. He rebuilt it in the appearance of a large castle, the largest castle in Silesia of..
A baroque castle with a large park is a property of Jindřichov village. The castle was built in the second half ot he 17th century by the counts of Hodice as a one storey bulding of a square floor plan. The present empire appearance of the castle comes from the period after 1844, when the castle..
48-200 Prudnik, ul. Królowej Jadwigi 23
“The town of weavers and cobblers” - that was the name of Prudnik hundred years ago. These were the most important crafts at that time. The development of weaver craft started in 19th and 20th century thanks to the Frankel and Pinkus families, one of the biggest textile company owners..
Houses in Zamkowé Street come from the 18th century. They were built in a baroque style and as very interesting we consider their wavy and modest shields. One of the houses used to be a guest house, the other (today´s shopping centre) used to be a brewery and a local pub. Nowadays, the houses..
Rynek 1, Głubczyce
The museum is located in the town hall, reconstructed between 2006 and 2008. The museum covers the first floor and the ancient draper stalls on the ground floor (total area covers circa 900 square meters) and also the middle age lookout tower. Inside of the draper stalls there are floor tiles..
Ulica Kościelna, 48-130 Kietrz
The church was firstly mentioned in 1266. Between 1720 and 1722, the church was rebuilt and the lower storey was preserved. There is a 49 meters high tower above the entrance. The interior is richly decorated with frescoes, paintings, stained glasses or statues.
Štursova 85/2, Krnov
The history of the Monastery of Minorites and the adjacent Church of the Birth of Our Lady, building one complex, has been closely connected with the history of the town of Krnov since the end of the 13 th century. The Order of Friars Minor, called Minorites, seek to follow most..